Saturday 4 August 2012

19 days : 22 hours : 11 minutes

I will be attending Leeds festival for my 7th consecutive year in just over two weeks time.

Last year, I attended both V festival and Leeds festival within a short 3 days of each other... to say I was a wreck afterwards was an understatement!

This year, the boy & myself decided we'd give Leeds a miss and attend only V instead.....that was until the line up for Leeds was announced.

As huge fans of Miike Snow and never having had the chance to see him before (when will you tour the UK?) the fact they were playing the Sunday of Leeds festival was too much of an incentive for us.

We sold our tickets to a girl I know via good old Facebook and immediately bought tickets for Leeds festival in their place.

We will be travelling down on the Thursday evening and returning on the Monday. Although we will be travelling down on our own, there is usually at least another 15 of our friends that we join tents and spend the rest of the weekend with.

This year however, so far, I am the only female in attendance, queue lots of boring football talk that I have no idea about.



Bands I am most looking forward to seeing are:

Miike Snow, Florence and the Machine, Bombay Bicycle Club, Ben Howard , Azealia Banks , The Black Keys, Gaslight Anthem, The Cure, The Vaccines, Two Door Cinema Club, The Cribs and Niki and the Dove

I will also be paying a visit to the comedy tent to support local lad Chris Ramsay

The weather the past few years for the festival has been horrendous.. I am praying for some sun, although not convinced we'll get any so I am now on the hunt for some new wellies and to re-consider my festival fashion wardrobe.

Have you spotted any cool wellies?  Are you attending any festivals this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment